Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Exhilarating!

For those of you who don't know me yet... I'm a 'bit' of a Petrol-head... I love fast bikes and fast cars. 
My most favorite motorsport event just has to be the SupaDrift Championship - I've been photographing this event for the past two years and the drifters just gets better and better!
Whats even more awesome for me, is that my images from SupaDrift have been published quite a number of times this  year - quite an achievement :)


What is SupaDrift you're asking?
Well it's a relatively new motorsport in SA, well... to quote www.supadrift.co.za:
" The SupaDrift Series is a new motorsport combining the best elements of drifting and world-class eventing. Some call it the ‘slideways crayze’, and it’s a perfect motorsports lifestyle showcase and young persons/adults marketing tool – a turnkey leveraging prospect. The sport features sideways extreme competition between cars that are relevant to today's young populous…fast, colourful and on the edge!"

With the past event, which took place at Dezzi Raceway on KZN Southcoast, I had the guts for the first time ever to get into one of these drift cars with drifter, Jean Mare.

The following will be published in Bobby Nitro's column in the Daily Voice:


Fear….exitement…fear…. adrenaline rush….

These are just some of the things I’ve experienced as I got into Jean Mare’s E36 Wicked Dips BMW for my first ever Drift!
I’ve been photographing this sideways culture for about two years, never had the guts to get in, but Friday before SD05 at Dezzi’s Rollercoaster track, it was time.Going into that first turn, sideways, you don’t know what to expect, but BOY what a rush.Second time around Jean initiated the NOS and the ride was smoother – I LOVED it!It’s fast, it’s sideways, smelling fuel, smelling rubber…. I’m hooked!My first words as I got out of the car?This was awesome, I want to go again!!!



Here are just some of my pics from the event:














No comments:

Post a Comment